LASER THERAPY TO CURE TINNITUS
The energy reduced Laser Therapy (Low Level Laser Therapy, LLLT), suitable to cure tinnitus, is the emission of a calibrated pulsed light, compressed in the visible red spectrum. This light has the capacity to stimulate selectively the cells membrane, helping the production of energy by the cells in the form of a specific molecule (ATP). ATP is the basis of the main metabolic processes of our body; an increase of ATP is a major capacity to develop oxygen and give life to physiological processes in order to repair and heel all tissues.
An energy reduced Laser Therapy has been successfully used when treating infectious, ischemic (deficiency in blood supply), hypoxic (deficiency in oxygenation) and inflammatory diseases.
SCIENTIFIC LITERATURE HIGHLIGHTS EXPERIMENTAL AND CLINICAL EVIDENCES OF THE MANY BENEFITS GAINED BY USING THIS SPECIFIC LASER THERAPY:
- Acceleration of the healing process
- Restoring of the neuronal function after injury or nerve trauma
- Stimulation of the spread of endorphins (the mediators of the “good mood)
- Stimulation of the immune system
- Increase of the bloodstream in the damaged tissues
- Reduction of muscle contractures
- Reduction of mucous inflammation
THE BIOSTIMULATION ON TARGET CELLS OF THE ENERGY REDUCED LASER THERAPY:
- Has no side-effects and doesn’t interfere with other medications
- It is totally comfortable and painless
- It is certified according to the directive CE 422/93
- It is sold in 17 European countries
- It is effective at improving the life quality of patients affected by tinnitus
- It is effective at reducing the intensity and regularity of dizziness in patients affected by this condition
After an appropriate study, the Otorhinolaryngology Doctor chooses the suitable patient, affected by tinnitus, in order to be treated with an energy reduced Laser Therapy. The process is carried out with the latest machinery:
- Endoscopy of the airways (to exclude any acute catarrh of the middle ear thanks to a correct nasal breathing)
- Tone audiometry in a silent room (to ensure characteristics and entities of a decrease in hearing capacity)
- Impedancemetry (to verify the good functioning of the ossicles of the middle ear)
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance on the brain (to exclude the presence of damages on the auditory nerve or brain)
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance on the temporomandibular joint (only for patients whom are known to have an ear disease)
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance on the cervical vertebrae (only for patients where any kind of ear disease has been excluded)
- Echo Color Doppler on the main blood vessels of the neck
- Check-up with hearing aids at the doctor’s (only for patients that complain about tinnitus and disabling deafness)
- Video oculography (only when tinnitus is a symptom of a more complex syndrome with dizziness, for example Meniere disease)
- Blood chemistry screen (for specific cases)
All recent studies, already available in the patient’s clinical documentation, are useful if integrated.
Handing out a questionnaire to patients, when the characteristics and causes of tinnitus are clear, gives the possibility to make clinical prognostics about the probability of improvement and or complete healing.
Here below are listed some examples of aumetric tests about different types of tinnitus and that could be treated with energy reduced Laser Therapy:
- Audiometric test (bilateral tinnitus):
slight bilateral sensorineural hearing loss, symmetric.
- Audiometric test (tinnitus on right ear):
sensorineural hearing loss on right ear on high frequencies, severe damage.
- Audiometric Test (bilateral tinnitus):
slight bilateral sensorineural hearing loss, symmetric, decreasing on high frequencies, moderate damage.
WHAT IS THE ENERGY REDUCED LASER THERAPY TO CURE TIINITUS ABOUT?
- The patient is lying down on a comfortable recliner armchair
- A specific holder, specifically shaped, is placed behind the ear, where the laser light is radiated
- Alternatively this specific holder is inserted in the ear canal by using a thin adaptor.
- The wavelength of each application is 830 nanometres
- The average intensity of each application is about 4000 joules
- No tissue is damaged and the laser’s energy to the inner ear cells is optimal
- The correct position of the holder and of the patient are always monitored during the therapy
- The length of the therapy can vary (from 15 to a maximum of 60 minutes)
- The frequency of the therapy sessions depends on the improvement of the patient (from one weekly therapy session to maximum two)
- The total period of the therapy can vary from two to five weeks and it can be eventually repeated in time in order to have the best results.